Baked Churro Donuts are soft inside and have a generous coating of butter, cinnamon, and sugar on the outside. Made in a donut pan, this baked donut recipe is so easy and so good!
Churros are one food that I love but don’t eat very often.
There’s just something about the combination of cinnamon sugar with the crisp exterior and tender center that’s so hard to beat.
There are two reasons that I don’t eat them more often. They can be time-consuming to make, and it’s hard to find good, fresh churros for sale.
So, when the craving for a churro strikes, I make something churro-esque like these Baked Churro Donuts.
These baked donuts are soft on the inside and have a coating of butter, cinnamon, and sugar outside. Since they’re baked and not fried, they’re easy to make and come together quickly, which makes them the perfect, easy way to satisfy those cravings.
More baked donut recipes!
If you’ve tried this baked churro donut recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Baked Churro Donuts
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 F. Grease 15 donut tins in donut pans.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, oil, and sugars together until well-combined.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in milk until combined.
- Stir in flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt until combined.
- Spoon or pipe batter into prepared pans.
- Bake for 9-15 minutes, or until donuts spring back when lightly touched.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes.
- Brush lightly with melted butter.
- Combine cinnamon and sugar in a plastic bag.
- Add donut, and gently shake to coat in cinnamon sugar.