Can you ever have too many recipes that use ripe bananas?
Since we regularly end up with extra bananas, I like finding ways to use them that go beyond our regular banana bread.
This Banana Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake is moist and tender.
It has a cinnamon swirl throughout the cake and is topped with a generous sprinkle of cinnamon and sugar.
So, if you’re looking for a delicious new way to use up your bananas, give this cake a try!
More banana recipes!
Banana Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans optional
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until well-combined.
- Add in eggs, and beat well.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, banana, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in until just combined.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared tube pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cinnamon mixture over batter.
- Repeat layers using remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake for 50-75 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!