So, if you’re looking for a delicious new way to use up your bananas, give this cake a try!
Banana Cinnamon Swirl Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cups plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 4 ripe bananas mashed
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cups chopped pecans optional
Preheat oven to 350F. Grease a 10-inch tube pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and 1-1/3 cups sugar until well-combined.
- Add in eggs, and beat well.
- Mix in Greek yogurt, banana, and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add in flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir in until just combined.
- Pour 1/3 of batter into prepared tube pan.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining 2/3 cup sugar, cinnamon, and pecans.
- Sprinkle 1/3 cinnamon mixture over batter.
- Repeat layers using remaining batter and cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Bake for 50-75 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan before removing to wire rack to finish cooling.