I’m not sure what it is about cream cheese, but you add it to just about anything, and you have something ridiculously tasty. This cream cheese banana muffin recipe is no exception to that!
These cream cheese banana muffins are moist and flavorful (thank you, cream cheese!). They have a tasty bit of caramel tucked away in the muffin that adds extra flavor, and they are topped with a buttery cinnamon-sugar crust.
Top these muffins with a little butter for an easy, delicious breakfast.
If you’ve tried this cream cheese banana muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Cream Cheese Banana Muffin Recipe
Banana Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 c . whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp . ground nutmeg
- 3 oz . cream cheese softened (reduced-fat ok)
- 1/4 c . butter softened
- 2/3 c . granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 1/2 c . mashed banana
- 1/4 c . milk
- 2 T . caramel topping
- 1 T . butter
- 2 T . granulated sugar
- 1/2 c . chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp . ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until well-combined.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix in until combined.
- Stir in mashed banana and milk.
- Add dry ingredients, and stir until just incorporated.
- Add half of the batter to the muffin tins.
- Top batter with 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping.
- Add remaining batter to cover caramel.
- Drizzle butter over batter.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over butter.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 15-22 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Adapted from Midwest Living.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
So good! Juicy without being heavy. It’s the weekend and now the legs will be on the table and a large cup of tea and 2 muffins will be enjoyed. Thank you very much for a good recipe and these will be made again :).
Love from Norway.
Thank you so much!
Great muffins! These muffins made a yummy breakfast and everyone asked for more.
Thank you! So glad you liked them!
One of the all time classic,s how can you go wrong.
Great recipe ! Love the caramel filling, wheat flour and cream cheese ingredients made these muffins distinctive. I will make them again.
Thank you! So glad that you liked the muffins! =)