I’m not sure what it is about cream cheese, but you add it to just about anything, and you have something ridiculously tasty. This cream cheese banana muffin recipe is no exception to that!
These cream cheese banana muffins are moist and flavorful (thank you, cream cheese!). They have a tasty bit of caramel tucked away in the muffin that adds extra flavor, and they are topped with a buttery cinnamon-sugar crust.
Top these muffins with a little butter for an easy, delicious breakfast.
If you’ve tried this cream cheese banana muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Cream Cheese Banana Muffin Recipe
Banana Cream Cheese Muffins
- 1 c . whole wheat flour
- 1/3 c . all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp . baking powder
- 1/4 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp . ground nutmeg
- 3 oz . cream cheese softened (reduced-fat ok)
- 1/4 c . butter softened
- 2/3 c . granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 1/2 c . mashed banana
- 1/4 c . milk
- 2 T . caramel topping
- 1 T . butter
- 2 T . granulated sugar
- 1/2 c . chopped pecans
- 1/4 tsp . ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin; set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together cream cheese and butter until well-combined.
- Beat in sugar.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix in until combined.
- Stir in mashed banana and milk.
- Add dry ingredients, and stir until just incorporated.
- Add half of the batter to the muffin tins.
- Top batter with 1/2 teaspoon caramel topping.
- Add remaining batter to cover caramel.
- Drizzle butter over batter.
- Stir together sugar and cinnamon, and sprinkle over butter.
- Top with chopped pecans.
- Bake for 15-22 minutes.
- Let cool in pan for 5 minutes, and then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Adapted from Midwest Living.