Ever have those days where you just crave something cheesy? It happens to me all the time! I adore cheese. So. when I'm in the mood for something savory, I almost always want something cheesy, and for pure cheesy goodness, it's hard to beat this Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip.
It's so good, in fact, that I have to limit how often I make this dip because it's the kind of thing that you can gobble up without realizing that you've eaten as much as you have. It sounds kind of silly to say that it's my special occasion cheese dip (oxymoron, right?), but it is!
Now, normally, I'm not really a fan of American cheese. It certainly has its place in making a super melty grilled cheese, but it's just not a cheese that I reach for when I'm making any other sandwich. But it sure can make a mean queso dip! It's the key to getting the smooth, melty texture that you want from your queso blanco dip. So, even if you aren't in love with American cheese, do yourself a favor and make some of this dip the next time that those cheese cravings strike!
Slow Cooker Queso Blanco Dip Recipe
- 1 pound white American cheese
- 8 ounce package cream cheese
- 10 ounce can Ro-tel undrained, or diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 2-4 tablespoons evaporated milk
- Cube American cheese and cream cheese.
- Add cheeses and Ro-tel to slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on high until mostly melted, about 30-40 minutes.
- Stir in enough milk to give desired consistency.
- Continue cooking until completely melted, about another 10-15 minutes.
- Serve topped with cilantro.
**I like to use evaporated milk because it works so well in the slow cooker. If you prefer, you can substitute regular milk. ***Nutrition values are estimates.
Adapted from I heart naptime.