Easy Cashew Chicken recipe is a quick, takeout-at-home Chinese chicken dinner that’s so faster and better-for-you than getting takeout!
I’m not sure how it happened, but lately Chinese food has become the most popular food in my house.
It’s kind of magical. When we can’t decide on dinner, I know that Chinese food is always a welcome choice.It can also be an incredibly easy and tasty way to go when time is short.
This Easy Cashew Chicken recipe really is quick and easy to make. I can get this dinner on the table in less time than it would take me to go pick up Chinese food, which is pretty fantastic.
If you’ve tried this easy cashew chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Easy Cashew Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 c. rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 c. hoisin
- 1/2 c. lite soy sauce
- 1/4 c. water
- 2 T. cornstarch
- 1 T. granulated sugar
- 4 stalks celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 3 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 T. vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 1 T. grated and peeled fresh ginger
- green onions , optional
- Stir together vinegar, hoisin, soy sauce, water, cornstarch, and sugar. Set aside.
- Heat large, deep skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, dice celery and bell pepper. Set aside.
- Cut chicken into bite-sized pieces. Set aside.
- Add vegetable oil to hot skillet and swirl to coat.
- Place garlic and ginger in skillet, and cook, stirring continuously, for 30 seconds.
- Place chicken in skillet and cook until chicken is mostly cooked through.
- Add celery and bell pepper, and continue cooking for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in sauce, and toss to coat chicken and veggies.
- Serve over rice topped with cashews and sliced green onions, if desired.