Simple homemade oatmeal cookie recipe makes thick, soft oatmeal cookies with chewy edges. These easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are made in one bowl and are made with all brown sugar.
CooCookies should be easy. These easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookies are just that.
Since the butter is melted, there’s no need to soften the butter before beginning. The cookies are also made right in the pan where the butter is melted, so there’s one less bowl to wash.
Can I chill the cookie dough?
Yes, you can. The cookie pictured directly below on the left was baked without chilling the dough. The cookie on the right was baked after chilling the dough for about an hour.
If you like a softer, thicker cookie, I’d suggest chilling the dough. If you like a thinner, chewier cookie, simply bake as directed in the instructions below.
More easy cookie recipes!
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Chewy Brown Sugar Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
If you’ve tried this easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Easy Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies
Easy chocolate chip oatmeal cookie recipe that can be made in one-bowl.
- 1 cup (226 g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (320 g) brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups (240 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt or scant 1/2 tsp. table salt
- 2 cups (198 g) rolled oats
- 10 ounce package chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
Add brown sugar to the saucepan.
- Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in oats until just combined.
- Add chocolate chips and nuts, if using, and stir in.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 7-10 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are golden brown.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
*I suggest mixing the dough by hand.
**Nutrition values are estimates.