Greek Ground Chicken Burger Recipe takes classic Greek flavors and adds them to a moist healthy ground chicken burger. Plus, homemade tzatziki sauce recipe!
We don't have a Greek restaurant where we live, so when I get a craving for Greek food, I use some of the flavors in easy-to-make dishes like these chicken burgers.
Since they're made with fresh ground chicken, from start to finish, they were ready in just under 30 minutes.
And, with the chicken and all of the veggies, they're a healthier alternative to regular burgers.
In addition to being a healthier option, the chicken is also a great choice because it doesn't have a strong flavor, so it lets the flavors of the veggies, seasonings, and cheese in the burgers really come through.
So, these Greek Ground Chicken Burger recipe is fast, healthy, and yummy!!
Can I use ground turkey instead?
Yes, you can use ground turkey. I've used ground turkey (93% lean) in this recipe, and it worked perfectly.
How to make tzatziki
The homemade tzatziki really makes these burgers. There are a couple keys to making this sauce.
First, you don't want wet, watery cucumber in the sauce. If your cucumber is wet once you grate it, squeeze the water out before adding it.
Second, don't use the watery top portion of Greek yogurt. If your yogurt has a watery top portion, be sure to stir the yogurt up before you use it.
More easy recipes!
If you’ve tried this Greek ground chicken burger recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Greek Ground Chicken Burgers
- 1 pound fresh ground chicken
- ⅓ cup plain breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup Feta cheese crumbled
- ¼ cup Kalamata olives pitted and chopped
- 2 tablespoons parsley minced, plus extra for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large egg lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cucumber slices,tomato slices, red onion slices, or any other desired toppings
- 4 pieces pita bread*
- ½ cup cucumber peeled and shredded
- ½ cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon minced parsley
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- To make the chicken burgers, preheat a grill, grill pan, or skillet.
- Add the ground chicken, bread crumbs, Feta, olives, parsley, lemon juice, oregano, garlic, egg and salt and pepper to a large bowl.
- Mix until the ingredients are all incorporated. I use my hands. I think it's easier and does a better job of mixing everything together.
- Divide the mixture into four equal portions.
- Shape each portion into a patty, making a slight indention in the middle.
- Lightly spray grill or pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
- Cook the burgers until they reach your desired level of doneness. The USDA recommends an internal temperature of 165 F. I used a grill pan, and it took about 10-15 minutes to cook them through.
- While the burgers are cooking, prepare the tzatziki.
- In a medium bowl, stir together cucumber, yogurt, lemon juice, parsley, salt, and garlic. If your cucumbers are watery, squeeze or drain the liquid from the cucumber first.
- Once the burgers are done, place each one on a piece of pita bread.
- Top burger with sliced cucumber, tomato, or any other desired toppings.
- Drizzle some tzatziki over the veggies, and then sprinkle with a little extra parsley.
**Nutrition values are estimates. Nutrition value is for 1 patty, 1 piece pita bread, + ¼ Tzatziki.