Best monster cookie recipe! This easy flourless monster cookie recipe is made with oats, peanut butter, and M&M’s.
Monster cookies are one of those fun recipes that throws all kinds of good stuff in for a cookie that’s packed with deliciousness.
The base for these cookies is a simple oatmeal peanut butter dough. You may notice that there’s no flour listed in the ingredients. It isn’t a typo; there’s no flour necessary for these cookies.
I use M&M’s and mini chocolate chips in these cookies, but other mix-in ideas are given below.
What are monster cookies?
Monster cookies are oatmeal peanut buter cookies that have M&M’s, chocolate chips, and other mix-ins.
How to make monster cookies
Begin by beating butter and sugars together in a mixing bowl until well-combined.
Next, mix in the eggs one at a time until combined.
Next, mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until combined. Creamy or crunchy peanut butter works, but I haven’t tried using natural peanut butter in this recipe.
Then, stir in the oats, baking soda, and salt.
Finally, mix in the M&M’s, chocolate chips, and any other mix-ins.
Since there isn’t any flour in this recipe, the dough will be sticky. There is no need to flatten the cookies before baking; they will spread as they bake.
What else can I add?
You can swap raisins, coconut, chopped nuts, flavored baking chips, and more for part of the M&M’s and/or chocolate chips.
Can the dough be frozen?
It can! To freeze the dough, I place scoops of dough on a baking sheet and then freeze until solid.
Then, I place the frozen scoops of dough in a resealable bag.
When baking the frozen dough, add about 2-3 minutes to the baking time (time will vary from oven to oven).
More cookie recipes!
If you’ve tried this monster cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter¹
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt²
- 4 1/2 cups oats³
- 1 1/4 cups M&Ms
- 1 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F. Line two baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the sugars and butter until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes on medium.
- Mix in the eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in the peanut butter and vanilla until well combined.
- Add the the baking soda, kosher salt, and oats. Stir in until combined
- Stir in the M&Ms and mini chocolate chips just until incorporated.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoon scoops (medium cookie scoop) of the dough about 2 inches apart onto the prepared baking sheets
- Bake for 8-12 minutes.
- Let cookies cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Remove to wire cooling rack to finish cooling.
- Creamy or crunchy ok. I haven't tried this recipe with natural peanut butter.
- Or 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- Old-fashioned or quick oats ok.
- Nutrition values are estimates.