Easy peanut butter frosting recipe that makes rich and creamy peanut butter frosting. Also includes directions for how to make peanut butter frosting and recipes to use with the frosting.
Peanut butter is one of my favorite foods. I’ve just always loved it. Turns out, not only is it great on sandwiches and in cookies, it’s also yummy in frosting!
This peanut butter frosting is about as easy as it gets. It’s a simple buttercream frosting that has a nice creamy peanut butter flavor.
This frosting pairs well with brownies, cake, cupcakes, and cookies (check out the recipe links just above the recipe if you’re looking for some ideas).
How to make peanut butter frosting
This is a really easy frosting recipe! Just beat the butter and peanut butter together. Then, add in the powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, and beat until combined. It’s that simple!
Can I use natural peanut butter
I don’t suggest using natural peanut butter in this recipe. The oil in regular peanut butter helps this frosting whip up nicely.
If you would like more of the natural peanut butter flavor, you can add a couple pinches of sea salt to your frosting.
Does this peanut butter frosting crust
Yes, this frosting does crust.
More frosting recipes!
Recipes to use with peanut butter frosting
If you’ve tried this peanut butter frosting recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Peanut Butter Frosting
- 6 tablespoons butter (at room temperature)
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter* (at room temperature)
- 2 1/2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2-4 tablespoons milk or cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter until creamy.
- Add in peanut butter, and beat on medium until well-combined.
- Add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons milk, and vanilla.
- Beat on low for 30 seconds, or until powdered sugar is just combined.
- Increase speed to medium, and continue beating until frosting is well-combined.
- Add additional milk as necessary.