Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are a chewy, old-fashioned peanut butter cookie recipe. The chocolate chips and peanuts really make this recipe!
I’m often hesitant to a share recipe for a food that already has a million recipes out there – like peanut butter cookies.
These Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies are so good that I decided it was worth it to make it one million and one recipes.
The cookies don’t have the traditional cross-hatch design that most peanut butter cookies have. Instead, they’re made like a regular drop cookie.
These cookies also have chopped peanuts and chocolate chips. If you love crunchy peanut butter, you’ll enjoy the combination of the crunchy chopped peanuts and the soft peanut butter cookies.
How to make peanut butter chocolate chip cookies
Step 1: Begin by beating the butter and peanut butter together until well-combined. Either chunky or creamy peanut butter will work in this recipe.
Step 2: Add the sugars, and beat in until well-combined.
Step 3: Mix in the egg and vanilla until combined.
Step 4: Add the dry ingredients, and mix in just until combined.
Step 5: Stir in the chocolate chips and chopped peanuts.
Step 6: Drop 1.5 tablespoon scoops (medium cookie scoops) of dough onto the prepared baking sheets.
Step 7: Bake cookies until light golden brown around the edges and soft in the middle.
- The cookie dough freezes well. The baked cookies also freeze well.
- Feel free to use a fork to make a crosshatch pattern on the cookies if you prefer.
- The center of the cookies should look slightly underbaked. This helps to keep the cookies soft.
I love natural peanut butter, but I don’t recommend it for this recipe. These cookies really work best with a regular peanut butter.
I’ve gently flattened the cookies and made them without flattening. It didn’t seem to make much of a difference either way.
Sure! The chocolate chips just add a little extra oomph without making the cookies chocolaty. However, feel free to use mini chips, or even a mix of peanut butter chips and chocolate chips.
Store any leftover cookies in an airtight container at room temperature. The cookies will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored.
More peanut butter cookie recipes!
If you’ve tried this peanut butter chocolate chip cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter at cool room temperature
- 1/2 cup creamy or crunchy peanut butter not natural
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup chopped lightly salted peanuts
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips¹
- In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter together.
- Add sugars, and beat until well-combined.
- Mix in egg and vanilla until combined.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Stir in chopped nuts and mini chips, if using.
- Cover, and chill dough for 1 hour, or until firm. Don’t skip this step, or the cookies will bake out.
- Toward the end of the chilling time, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Scoop out 1.5 tablespoons of dough and place on prepared cookie sheet 2 inches apart. I’ve slightly flattened the cookies and left them as-is, and it doesn’t seem to make much difference.
- Bake 10-15 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and middles are set.
- Can use regular-sized, jumbo, or mini chocolate chips or chunks.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 5/4/17.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!