Easy peanut butter cookie recipe! These peanut butter cookies are packed with Reese's pieces and peanut butter cups for the ultimate peanut butter cookies!
I've always had a fondness for peanut butter everything. So, peanut butter cookies have been a regular in my cookie rotation.
I have a couple different peanut butter cookie recipes that I use (you can check them out right above the recipe below) depending on my mood.
These ultimate peanut butter cookies are for those times when I want maximum peanut butter. They're soft cookies with chewy edges and good peanut butter flavor.
They're stuffed with Reese's pieces, Reese's mini peanut butter cups, and chocolate chips. You can even throw in a little chopped peanuts in you like that sort of thing.
How to make peanut butter cookies
These peanut butter cookies are pretty simple and straightforward to make. There are a couple things to watch out for.
First, make sure that your butter isn't too warm. The picture above shows butter at cool room temperature. You want it to dent, not smoosh, when pressed.
Second, regular peanut butter is best in this recipe. You won't want to use a natural peanut butter in these cookies.
Third, you can chill the dough longer than the recipe calls for (you can chill it for up to 48 hours). However, when you go to bake it, you'll want to let it come up closer to temperature so that the cookies bake evenly.
Can I use a different type of candy?
You can! If you want to use all Reese's pieces, that's fine. I wouldn't recommend using all peanut butter cups, though, because using all pb cups can make the cookies greasy.
How long will these peanut butter cookies keep?
I store these cookies in a resealable bag at room temperature. They stay fresh for about 2-3 days that way.
More peanut butter cookie recipes!
- Rustic Peanut Butter Cookies
- Oatmeal Cookies with Peanut Butter Filling
- Peanut Butter Cup Cookies
- Peanut Butter Kiss Cookies
If you’ve tried this ultimate peanut butter cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Ultimate Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 cup butter at cool room temperature*
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter**
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar packed
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8.5 ounce bag Reese's pieces and peanut butter cups
- ¼ cup chocolate chips or chunks
- Beat the butter until smooth and creamy.
- Mix in the peanut butter and vanilla until well-combined, about 2 minutes.
- Add in sugars and beat until well-combined, scraping down the sides as needed, about 2 minutes.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Add candies and chocolate chips, and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for 30 minutes.***
- Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350 F. Line two large baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- Scoop 1.5 tablespoons (medium cookie scoop) of dough onto the prepared cookie sheet, spacing cookies 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 9-13 minutes, or until the edges are golden and the centers are set.
- Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 5-10 minutes before transferring them to a cooling rack.