Pizza pasta takes the best of both pizza and pasta and turns those flavors into an easy dinner casserole. This kid-friendly dinner recipe can be on the table in about 30 minutes.
Pizza and pasta are two of the most popular foods, so it only makes sense to combine them into one easy casserole recipe.
This pizza pasta casserole recipe tastes like supreme pizza – Italian sausage, pepperoni, green pepper, onions – combined with pasta.
Feel free to adjust and change the ingredients according to your tastes (i.e. add olives, subtract onions, etc.).
No matter what ingredients you go with, you’ll have an easy dinner that’s perfect for busy weeknights.
More pasta recipes!
If you’ve tried this pizza pasta recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage or ground beef
- 1 medium yellow or white onion (chopped)
- 2 green bell peppers (seeded and chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried sweet basil
- Salt and pepper
- 4 ounces sliced cooked pepperoni (divided)
- 2-14.5 ounce cans crushed tomatoes
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 12 ounces dry rotini pasta
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese (divided)
- Boil pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat a deep 12-inch broiler-safe skillet over medium heat.
- Cook sausage or ground beef, stirring to break up, until heated through but not browned. Drain fat and return to pan.
- Add onion, bell pepper, and garlic to skillet.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook over medium heat until veggies are soft, about 4 minutes.
- Stir in half pepperoni, crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, and seasonings.
- Simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.
- Stir cooked pasta into sauce along with 1 cup mozzarella cheese; toss to combine.
- Top with remaining half pepperoni and half mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 1-2 minutes, or until cheese has melted.