Snickers salad is an easy, 3-ingredient dessert recipe! This quick candy bar salad takes just 5 minutes to make.
Snickers salad is a popular dessert salad that goes by many names. It’s sometimes called a candy bar salad, caramel apple salad, or Snickers caramel apple salad.
No matter what you call it, it’s delicious! This version is quick and easy to make with just three ingredients.
It makes a refreshing side dish or summer dessert, and it’s always a welcome addition at potlucks.
- Cool whip: You can substitute homemade whipped cream. However, the salad won’t keep as well if you don’t use whipped topping, so plan to eat it soon after making.
- Apples: Apples will make a difference in determining the sweetness. Tart apples will give you a more balanced sweet/tart dessert. Sweeter apples will give you a sweeter salad.
- Snickers bars: I like to use minis and halve them. Feel free to use whatever size candy bar you like.
How to make snickers salad
Step 1: Core and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces. Place in a large bowl.
Step 2: Add the candy bar pieces and thawed whipped topping. Fold until well-combined.
Optional: Top the salad with chopped peanuts, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a few more chopped Snickers bars just before serving.
Here are some ways that you can change up this recipe to suit your tastes:
- Whipped topping: Homemade whipped cream will also work. Another type of frozen whipped topping, like TruWhip, can also be used.
- Instant pudding mix: Some recipes call for a box of instant vanilla pudding mix. Feel free to add that if you would like.
- Candy: Other candies that could work well in this recipe are chopped Heath bar, Butterfingers, or Milky Ways.
That depends! If you’d like a sweet/tart salad, use Granny Smith apples. If you’d like a sweeter salad, choose a good eating apple like Honeycrisp, Gala, or Jazz.
The salad will be fine in the fridge for an hour or two before serving. However, the apples and the candy bars soften as they sit. So, it’s best to make the salad shortly before serving.
Any leftover Snickers salad should be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The salad will keep for 2-3 days when properly stored in the fridge. However, the apples and the candy bars will continue to soften as they sit.
More easy no bake recipes!
If you’ve tried this Snickers salad recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
- Mixing bowl
- 6 medium apples
- 12 ounces Snickers candy bars in small pieces
- 8 ounce container Cool Whip thawed
- Optional: Chopped peanuts and caramel sauce
- Core and chop the apples into bite-sized pieces.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add the candy bar pieces and thawed whipped topping.
- Fold until well-combined.
- Optional: Top the salad with chopped peanuts, a drizzle of caramel sauce, and a few more chopped Snickers bars just before serving.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!