Zebra popcorn is an easy oven baked caramel corn that's drizzled with milk chocolate and white chocolate for the ultimate popcorn recipe!
I'm a huge fan of sweet gourmet popcorn recipes! Homemade gourmet popcorn makes a great gift, a fun addition to a cookie tray, and it's the perfect moving-watching snack.
This zebra popcorn recipe was based on my easy homemade caramel corn recipe. It takes that buttery homemade caramel corn one step farther by adding a drizzles of melted white chocolate and milk chocolate.
The result is a delicious popcorn that's hard to put down!
How To Make Zebra Popcorn
Add the popcorn to a greased baking pan. Place in the oven while you make the caramel.
To make the caramel, add the butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt to a heavy saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
Once at a boil, stop stirring and let boil for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in baking soda and vanilla.
Pour the caramel over the warm popcorn. Toss to coat the popcorn. The popcorn won’t be entirely coated.
Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Let cool to room temperature.
Once the popcorn has cooled to room temperature, drizzle the popcorn with the melted milk chocolate almond bark. Then drizzle thepocpron with melted white chocolate almond bark.
Let the almond bark set before serving.
How To Store Zebra Popcorn
This popcorn should be stored in an airtight container. The popcorn will keep at room temperature for up to 4 days.
More Popcorn Recipes!
If you’ve tried this zebra popcorn recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Zebra Popcorn Recipe
- 10 cups popped plain popcorn
- 1 ½ cups brown sugar (packed)
- ¾ cup light corn syrup
- ¾ cup butter1
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt2
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces white chocolate almond bark (melted)
- 2 ounces chocolate almond bark (melted)
- Grease a large rimmed baking sheet or pan with cooking spray or line with a silicone baking mat.
- Preheat oven to 225F.
- Put popcorn on baking sheet, and place in the oven while you make the caramel.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, butter, and salt to a large, heavy saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Let it boil 5 minutes without stirring.
- Remove from heat.
- Add baking soda and vanilla, and stir in to combine.
- Remove popcorn from oven, and pour caramel over warm popcorn, tossing to coat. The popcorn may not be completely coated, and that's ok.
- Bake for 60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Break apart before drizzling with chocolate.
- Once the popcorn has cooled and been broken apart, drizzle with chocolate.
- Drizzle melted white chocolate over the top.
- Let the chocolate set up before serving.
- Use salted butter for more of a salted caramel flavor or use unsalted butter for a more traditional caramel corn.
- Or ¼ teaspoon table salt.
- Nutrition values are estimates.