My baby turns one this week. I don’t know where the last year has gone, but all of a sudden, she’s not such a baby any more. It’s exciting to watch my kids grow up and see them turning into their own person with their own personalities and interests.
It’s also a little heartbreaking. I want to hang onto every moment with them, but it seems like the harder I try to make time slow down, the faster it goes.
So, I have to find ways to enjoy the time that I get to spend with them. They love to help out in the kitchen, so I try to make easy treats, like this Birthday Cake Popcorn recipe, with them.
Sprinkling the nonpareils over the popcorn is a job that’s custom made for little ones. And then you get to share a bowl of yummy popcorn that tastes like birthday cake!
Birthday Cake Popcorn Recipe
- 3 oz package natural microwave popcorn about 9 cups popped
- 12 oz . package vanilla chips
- 2 T . coconut oil
- 1 oz nonpareils
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add vanilla chips and coconut oil to heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted, stirring regularly.
- Add cooked popcorn to large bowl.
- Pour in melted vanilla chip mixture, and toss popcorn to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn on waxed or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils right away.
- Let cool to set.
- Gently break into pieces, and enjoy!
- This popcorn is best enjoyed the same day it's made.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Approx how many cups of popcorn? I cannot find microwave popcorn without butter on it.
A 3 ounce package will make about 8-9 cups of popped popcorn. Hope that helps! =)