My baby turns one this week. I don't know where the last year has gone, but all of a sudden, she's not such a baby any more. It's exciting to watch my kids grow up and see them turning into their own person with their own personalities and interests.
It's also a little heartbreaking. I want to hang onto every moment with them, but it seems like the harder I try to make time slow down, the faster it goes.
Sprinkling the nonpareils over the popcorn is a job that's custom made for little ones. And then you get to share a bowl of yummy popcorn that tastes like birthday cake!
Birthday Cake Popcorn Recipe
- 3 oz package natural microwave popcorn about 9 cups popped
- 12 oz . package vanilla chips
- 2 T . coconut oil
- 1 oz nonpareils
- Microwave popcorn according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, add vanilla chips and coconut oil to heavy saucepan.
- Cook over low heat until melted, stirring regularly.
- Add cooked popcorn to large bowl.
- Pour in melted vanilla chip mixture, and toss popcorn to coat.
- Spread coated popcorn on waxed or parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with nonpareils right away.
- Let cool to set.
- Gently break into pieces, and enjoy!
- This popcorn is best enjoyed the same day it's made.