This easy Cinnamon Bun Popcorn recipe is a chewy/crisp popcorn covered in a rich, buttery, cinnamon sugar glaze. Always a hit at dessert or snack time!
Once a week we try to have a family night. We have something easy for dinner, make popcorn, and watch movies.My kids like to have a bag of cheddar cheese popcorn, and I make one of several different kinds of special, dessert popcorns.
This Cinnamon Bun Popcorn is the one that my kids ask for the most often. It’s a cross between a crispy, candy popcorn and a softer, chewier caramel corn.
The coating is rich, buttery, cinnamon sugar glaze that I think is much easier to make than the glazes that require a candy thermometer.
If you give this Cinnamon Bun Popcorn a try, it may just become one of your favorites, too! And if you’re looking for other easy popcorn recipes, check out more below!
More popcorn recipes!
If you’ve tried this cinnamon bun popcorn recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Cinnamon Bun Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 10 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a large, heavy pot, melt butter.
- Add sugars, corn syrup, and salt.
- Stir, and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once at a boil, stop stirring, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Place popcorn on cookie sheet.
- Pour cinnamon mixture over popcorn.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and stir.
- Continue baking 15 additional minutes. Stir.
- Bake for 5-10 more minutes.
- Stir one more time.
- Let cool on baking sheet.