This easy Cinnamon Bun Popcorn recipe is a chewy/crisp popcorn covered in a rich, buttery, cinnamon sugar glaze. Always a hit at dessert or snack time!
Once a week we try to have a family night. We have something easy for dinner, make popcorn, and watch movies.My kids like to have a bag of cheddar cheese popcorn, and I make one of several different kinds of special, dessert popcorns.This Cinnamon Bun Popcorn is the one that my kids ask for the most often. It’s a cross between a crispy, candy popcorn and a softer, chewier caramel corn. The coating is rich, buttery, cinnamon sugar glaze that I think is much easier to make than the glazes that require a candy thermometer.
If you give this Cinnamon Bun Popcorn a try, it may just become one of your favorites, too! And if you’re looking for other easy popcorn recipes, check out more below!
Cinnamon Bun Popcorn Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup marshmallows
- 12 cups popped popcorn
- Preheat oven to 250 F. Line a large rimmed cookie sheet with a silicone baking mat.
- In a large, heavy pot, melt butter.
- Add brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt.
- Stir, and continue cooking over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil.
- Once at a boil, stop stirring, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and cinnamon, baking soda, vanilla, and marshmallows.
- Place popcorn on cookie sheet.
- Pour cinnamon mixture over popcorn.
- Bake for 15 minutes, and stir.
- Continue baking 15 additional minutes. Stir.
- Bake for 5-10 more minutes.
- Stir one more time.
- Let cool on baking sheet.