Chewy chocolate chocolate chip cookies are double chocolate chip cookies with soft middles and chewy edges.
I love a good chewy cookie! These chewy chocolate chocolate chip cookies are based on my chewy brown sugar chocolate chip cookies.
They have soft middles and chewy edges, so they’re pretty much a perfect double chocolate cookie.
These cookies pack a double chocolate punch! The chocolate cookies aren’t overly sweet, and they’re full of melty chocolate.
How to make chocolate chocolate chip cookies
These cookies start with melted butter, and have plenty of brown sugar mixed in. The cookies have an extra dose of vanilla to enhance the chocolate. The cookies also have a fair amount of cocoa powder to give the cookies lots of chocolate flavor.
Can I use a different type of chocolate?
Yes! I always suggest using the type of chocolate that you like.
I prefer semisweet chocolate in these cookies. If you want more of a dark chocolate cookie, use bittersweet chocolate. If you want a sweeter cookie, use milk chocolate chips in these cookies.
More cookie recipes!
- Brownie Cookies
- Easiest Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- Toffee Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Chocolate Mint Cookies
If you’ve tried this chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup (226 g) butter
- 1 1/2 cups (320 g) brown sugar (packed)
- 1 large egg + 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups (300 g) all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup (42 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or scant 1/2 tsp. table salt)
- 10 ounce package semisweet chocolate chips**
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mat.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add brown sugar to a large bowl.
- Pour melted butter over sugar.
- Stir to combine butter and sugar. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Add egg and egg yolk; stir to combine.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Stir until just combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Using a medium cookie scoop (1.5 tablespoon), drop scoops of dough 2 inches apart on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for about 8-11 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies are set.
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
**Can substitute 4 ounces finely chopped baking chocolate for chocolate chips. I like to use semisweet in this recipe. If you prefer a less sweet cookie, you can use bittersweet chocolate. If you prefer a sweeter cookies, try milk chocolate.
***I suggest stirring this recipe together by hand rather than using a hand or stand mixer.
****Nutrition values are estimates.