Bread pudding may seem like an odd choice for dessert in July since it's usually winter comfort food.
Now, if you've never had cold bread pudding, you're missing out.
It's sweet and creamy and, well, perfect for a hot summer night.
- Crock Pot Triple Chocolate Bread Pudding Recipe
- Caramel Apple Bread Pudding
- Cinnamon Swirl Bread Pudding with Maple Butter Rum Raisin Sauce
If you’ve tried this cinnamon bread pudding recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Cinnamon Bread Pudding
- 6 cups cubed French bread ((about 8 oz.))
- 2 large eggs (separated)
- 1 cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs
- 2 ½ cups half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Grease a 1 ½ quart casserole dish.
- Place half of the bread cubes in the baking pan.
- For the filling, stir together egg whites from the large eggs (set yolks aside to use in milk mixture), sugars, and cinnamon in a medium bowl until well-combined.
- Pour filling evenly over bread cubes.
- Top filling with other half bread cubes.
- For the egg mixture, whisk together 2 egg yolks, eggs, milk, and vanilla extract in the same bowl you used for the filling.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes, and gently press bread cubes into mixture.
- Bake casserole for about 40-45 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- To make the icing, whisk together powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla, adding milk as necessary to make desired consistency.
- Drizzle icing over bread pudding before serving.