Slow cookers are awesome! So, don't pack yours away now that it's getting hot out. They're great for making making dinner without making your kitchen unbearably hot.
They're also fantastic for making super-tender meat, like the beef in these sandwiches. The beef in these Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Coleslaw is so soft that it practically melts in your mouth. I kept the seasonings pretty minimal to let the natural flavor of the beef shine.
I also kept the seasonings pretty basic because there's so much flavor in the horseradish coleslaw.
It's sweet and creamy with just the right amount of zip and tang to it. So, do yourself a favor and make these easy, delicious sandwiches (without heating up your kitchen!).
More slow cooker beef recipes!
If you’ve tried these slow cooker beef sandwiches, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches with Horseradish Coleslaw
Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches
- 1 medium sweet onion (like a Vidalia, peeled and sliced)
- 3 cloves garlic (peeled and minced)
- 3 pounds boneless beef pot roast
- 14.5 ounce can reduced-sodium beef broth
- ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon course ground pepper
- ¾ cup mayonnaise (I use lite mayo)
- ½ cup cider vinegar
- ¼ cup plain (nonfat Greek yogurt)
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2-4 tablespoons prepared horseradish (look for a prepared horseradish with horseradish listed as the first ingredient, to taste)
- 1 tablespoons Dijon mustard (I use stone ground Dijon)
- 16 ounce bag coleslaw veggie mix
- Place sliced onions in a layer across the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Sprinkle garlic over onions.
- Lay the roast over the garlic and onions.
- Pour the broth and Worcestershire sauce around the roast.
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or until the meat shreds easily.
- To make the horseradish coleslaw, whisk together all of the ingredients except for veggie mix in a large bowl.
- Add veggie mix a little at a time, tossing to mix.
- Cover, and refrigerate the coleslaw for about 1 ½ - 2 hours before serving.
- To serve, place shredded beef on bun and top with coleslaw.
Coleslaw adapted from Food Network.