Baked cinnamon sugar donuts are moist vanilla baked cake donuts coated with cinnamon sugar. This easy donut recipe takes less than 20 minutes to make.
While I've been posting on this site, I've realized just how many foods there are that I really like. One of my absolute favorites, though, is donuts.
It's a good thing that most donut shops close in the afternoon because I could eat them for dessert every night. So, we baked a lot of donuts around here.
I don't love frying things, and baking the donuts is just so much easier. Plus, my kids love to help make these guys.
These Cinnamon Sugar Baked Cake Donuts taste like, well, a cake donut that's topped with cinnamon and sugar. They aren't super fancy and don't have any crazy flavor combos, but they are moist, delicious, and perfect for when those donut cravings strike!
How to make baked cinnamon sugar donuts
Begin by whisking the egg and oil together until combined.
Add the milk and vanilla, and whisk until combined.
Whisk in the dry ingredients just until combined. Don't overmix.
Divide the batter among the prepared donut pan wells, and bake.
While the donuts are warm, dip or roll in cinnamon sugar. If you wait until the donuts have cooled, the cinnamon sugar won't stick as well.
More baked donut recipes!
If you’ve tried this cinnamon sugar baked donut recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Baked Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- 2 tablespoons neutral oil like canola
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour¹
- ⅓ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Grease a standard sized 6-well donut pan with nonstick cooking spray. I like to use baking spray with flour. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg and oil until combined.
- Whisk in the milk and vanilla until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients, and stir together until just until incorporated. Don't overmix.
- Divide the batter between the prepared wells, filling each about ¾ full.
- Bake for 8-12 minutes, or until the donut springs back when lightly pressed.
- While the donuts are baking, stir sugar and cinnamon in a shallow dish.
- Let cool in the pan 5 minutes.
- Dip the warm donuts in cinnamon sugar.
- Be sure to properly measure the flour by sifting or stirring it, spooning it into the measuring cup, and then leveling it. Too much flour will give you a heavy, dense donut.
- Nutrition values are estimates.