Classic Cranberry Nut Bread recipe! This quick and easy cranberry bread recipe makes a loaf of moist and tasty quick bread.
Is it too soon to break out the cranberries? I love cranberries, so it's never too soon for me.
And this Cranberry Nut Bread recipe is one of my favorite things to make during the holidays. I look forward to the fresh cranberries hitting the stores each fall, so when I saw some the other day, I knew it was time to make this bread.
I adapted this recipe from the one on the back of the Ocean Spray bag.
It's just such a classic recipe. I made a few modifications but still wanted to keep the overall taste of the bread the same. Even if you think that you're not a cranberry person, give this recipe a try.
How To Make Cranberry Nut Bread
In a large bowl, whisk the orange juice and oil together until combined. Add the egg and vanilla and whisk together.
Whisk in orange zest if using.
Add dry ingredients and whisk just until combined. Don't overmix or the bread with be heavy or tough.
Whisk in the cranberries and part of the pecans.
Pour the batter into the prepared pan and sprinkle the remaining pecans over the batter. Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tips For Making Cranberry Nut Bread
- Orange juice: I recommend using freshly-squeezed orange juice. However, in a pinch, I've used orange juice from a carton. If you do this, just be sure to use 100% orange juice (and not orange drink).
- Nuts: You can omit the nut if need be.
- Flour: You can use just all-purpose flour or a mix of all-purpose and whole-wheat flours.
- Baking: If the bread is browning too quickly, tent with aluminum foil.
How To Serve Cranberry Nut Bread
This bread can be served as-is. It can also be served topped with butter or cream cheese spread on top.
More Quick Bread Recipes!
If you’ve tried this cranberry nut bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Cranberry Nut Bread
- ¾ cup fresh orange juice1
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated orange zest optional
- 2 cups all-purpose flour2
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ cups fresh cranberries washed and dried
- ¾ cup chopped pecans divided
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together orange juice and vegetable oil.
- Add egg and vanilla; whisk until well-combined.
- Whisk in orange zest, if using.
- Add whisk together flours, sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda. Whisk until just combined.
- Gently whisk in cranberries and ½ cup of chopped pecans.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup pecans.
- Bake for about 45-55 minutes, or until golden brown. Also, a toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack until bread reaches room temperature.
- I've used premade orange juice in a pinch. Just use 100% juice.
- Or 1 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour and ½ cup whole-wheat flour
- Bread is delicious as-is but is also fantastic spread with a little butter or cream cheese.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally published 10/30/13. Updated with new photos and tips 11/2/19.