This easy marshmallow popcorn ball recipe is extremely fast & easy. No need to break out the candy thermometer to make these popcorn balls!
We try to have a family move night once a week. Since it’s a movie night, our treat is usually popcorn. Once in a while, though, we have the kids’ favorite treat – popcorn balls.
Now, by the time that dinner is over, I’m done with the cooking and baking for the day. So, whatever I make at that point has to be easy.
And this easy popcorn ball recipe is just that. It’s really similar to the recipe for cereal treats with a few tweaks and additions.
The popcorn balls are delicious with candy (the way my husband and kids like them) or without (the way that I prefer them).
How to make popcorn balls
- Have fun with the flavors of popcorn that you use to make them! I use plain (no butter, no salt) microwave popcorn. Marshmallow flavored popcorn would also be good.
- Be sure to take out any unpopped kernels before you add in the popcorn.
Can I use a different type of popcorn
Yes! You can use air-popped or any other type of popcorn that you’d like to use. The amount of popcorn that you would need to use is in a note underneath the recipe.
More popcorn ball recipes
If you’ve tried this easy popcorn ball recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Easy Popcorn Ball Recipe
Easy marshmallow popcorn ball recipe
- 1 bag natural microwave popcorn*
- 1/4 cup butter
- 10 ounce bag mini marshmallows
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pop popcorn according to package directions; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter.
- Continue cooking until butter begins to turn golden brown.
- Add marshmallows, and stir constantly until marshmallows have melted.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla.
- Add popcorn, and fold into marshmallow mixture.
- When mixture is cool enough to handle, lightly spray your hands with nonstick cooking spray.
- Scoop about 1 cup of the popcorn mixture and smoosh it into a ball.
- Place on a sheet of waxed paper, parchment paper, or silicone baking mat to cool.
*Or about 9-10 cups of popped plain popcorn
**You can press candy pieces into the outside of popcorn balls.
***Nutrition values are estimates.