Crock Pot Sloppy Joes are an easy slow cooker dinner recipe. Ground beef and veggies simmer in the slow cooker for a tasty, hands-off dinner. Perfect lunch or dinner for busy days!
All-day crock pot recipes are amazing, and I make them on a regular basis. I love it when I don’t have to worry about making dinner because it’s in the crock pot first thing in the morning.
Other days, though, I need something that I can throw in the slow cooker and then walk away from for a few hours. These crock pot sloppy joes are perfect for those times.
I can just brown the ground beef, toss everything into the crock pot, go run errands (do pick-ups, after school activities, whatever), and I come home to a finished dinner. It’s great!
Can I skip browning the ground beef?
I wouldn’t recommend it. Browning the beef takes about 10 minutes, but it’s 10 minutes well-spent. Browning and draining the ground beef keeps all of the fat from ending up in your sauce. Otherwise, you’d end up a greasy, watery sauce.
Can I use ground turkey or ground chicken instead of ground beef?
Absolutely! If you prefer to use ground turkey or ground chicken, either one will work in this recipe.
More easy crock pot recipes!
More easy sandwich recipes!
If you’ve tried this crock pot sloppy joe recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Crock Pot Sloppy Joes
- 1 1/2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped white or yellow onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 8 ounce can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (firmly packed*)
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons yellow mustard
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon liquid smoke
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder**
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add ground beef to large skillet, and brown over medium heat.
- Drain browned ground beef, and return to pan along with onion and bell pepper.
- Cook, stirring regularly, until vegetables are just softened, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add beef and vegetable mixture to slow cooker along with remaining ingredients.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 3-4 hours.