As life has gotten busier, we’ve had to set aside time to just be together as a family. So, Fridays have become our family night.
On Fridays, we have a quick dinner, and then we play a board game or two. Then, it’s time for my kids’ favorite part – a movie and some popcorn!
And my kids seriously love popcorn! Most nights we go with a classic flavor like butter, but once in a while, we go all out and make a special popcorn treat.
Now, these Sweet & Salty Popcorn Balls really aren’t difficult to make, and if you can make a marshmallow cereal treat, then you can make these popcorn balls.
How to make popcorn balls
- Have fun with the flavors of popcorn that you use to make them! I use plain (no butter, no salt) microwave popcorn. Marshmallow flavored popcorn would also be good.
- You might be tempted to mix the M&Ms and chocolate chips in. Don’t. Mixing them into the mixture will leave you with a chocolaty mess. It works much better to just press them into the outside of the popcorn ball.
More popcorn ball recipes
If you’ve tried this sweet & salty popcorn balls recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Sweet & Salty Popcorn Balls
Easy marshmallow popcorn ball recipe
- 3 oz bag JOLLY TIME Crispy n' White Popcorn
- 1/4 c . butter
- 10 oz bag marshmallows
- 1 c . pretzel pieces
- 1 c . mini or regular M&M's
- 1/2 c . mini chocolate chips
- Pop popcorn according to package directions.
- Set aside to cool.
- In a large pot, melt butter over low heat.
- Add marshmallows, and cook, stirring regularly, until melted.
- Remove any un-popped kernels from popcorn, and stir popped popcorn into marshmallow mixture.
- Add pretzel pieces, and stir in to combine.
- Using a 1 cup measuring cup for large popcorn balls or a 1/2 cup measuring cup for small popcorn balls, scoop out popcorn mixture.
- Shape into balls. If the mixture sticks to your hands, spray your hands lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Press M&M's and mini chocolate chips into the outside of the popcorn ball.
- Let cool to room temperature before serving.
*Nutrition values are estimates.
Nutrition facts per serving (1g)