I have several recipes that are on our semi-regular rotation. I’m always making and trying new things, but we have some easy favorites that I know that I can count on on rushed nights – like this One-Skillet Baked Ziti recipe.
Not only is this recipe fast, coming in at around 30 minutes, but it’s also super tasty and made with easy to find, inexpensive ingredients.
I serve this pasta with my 30 Minute Garlic Knots and a simple green salad for a delicious meal that’s ready in just about half in hour!
More easy pasta recipes!
More skillet dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this one-skillet baked ziti recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
One-Skillet Baked Ziti
- 1 lb . lean ground beef
- 6 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2-15 oz cans diced tomatoes (undrained,)
- 1-15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 T . dried basil (I use sweet basil)
- 1 tsp . Italian seasoning
- 2-3 c . water
- 12 oz . dry ziti (can also use penne or similar shaped pasta)
- 1/2 c . half-and-half (regular or fat-free)
- 1/2 c . grated Parmesan
- 8 oz . fresh mozzarella
- Preheat oven to low broil (500-550 F).
- Cook ground beef in an oven-safe skillet that's at least 12-inches over medium heat.
- Drain and return to pan.
- Add the garlic to the pan, and cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, dried basil, and Italian seasoning.
- Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add 2 cups water and dry pasta.
- Bring to boil.
- Cover, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes, or until noodles are tender. If the sauce starts to cook down too much, add additional water as needed.
- Stir in the half-and-half and parmesan cheese.
- Place slices of mozzarella on top of pasta.
- Bake until the cheese has melted, about 2-3 minutes.