This moist, flavorful Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread is made with whole wheat flour for a healthier zucchini bread recipe that still tastes great!I do a lot of meal planning and scheduling out our meals. Since I work full-time, it helps me to plan to plan out meals ahead of time, especially for the days when I know there will be more going on.
Not only does it help me stay organized, but it also helps cut down on our grocery expenses and leftover food waste.
So, there were a couple recipes that I planned to make and a few that I needed to work on. They didn’t happen. Instead, I made this Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread.
Even though I hate to go off plan, this time it was a good decision.
This Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread is moist and tender without the greasy heaviness that so many zucchini breads suffer from. It isn’t super sweet but has just enough sweetness to make it tasty.
So, it’s great as a breakfast or snack! And if you’re looking for a sweeter zucchini recipe, check out my zucchini cake recipe.
More zucchini bread recipes!
If you’ve tried this whole wheat zucchini bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Whole Wheat Zucchini Bread
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c . honey
- 1/4 c . vegetable oil
- 1/2 c . low-fat buttermilk
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 2 c . white whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/2 tsp . baking soda
- 1/2 tsp . baking powder
- 2 tsp . ground cinnamon
- 2 c . shredded zucchini (not squeezed dry)
- 1 c . cinnamon chips
- 1 T . sugar
- 1/2 tsp . cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9x5-inch baking pan; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, honey, vegetable oil, buttermilk, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and cinnamon; stir until just incorporated.
- Stir in the zucchini until mostly incorporated.
- Add cinnamon chips, and mix until combined.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Sprinkle with remaining cinnamon and sugar.
- Bake for about 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes, and then remove from pan and set on wire cooling rack to finish cooling.