Vegetarian Indian dinner recipe! This Vegetable Korma is an easy, healthy, vegetarian dinner recipe that’s made in just 30 minutes – the perfect weeknight meal for meatless Monday or any other night!
I love it when dinner can be quick, healthy, and taste great! And this Vegetable Korma hits all three of those.
It has tons of flavor, is packed with veggies, and has a nice amount of protein from the Greek yogurt, lentils, and chickpeas.
Vegetable korma only takes about 30 or so minutes to make, which makes it a great choice for weekends or weeknights.
Serve it with naan or rice for a complete, delicious dinner!
More vegetarian dinner recipes!
- Lentil Bolognese
- Quinoa Lasagna
More Indian inspired dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this vegetable korma recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- 1 tablespoon . vegetable oil
- 2 small white or yellow onions (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon + 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 15 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 6 cups cauliflower florets
- 1/2 cup yellow lentils*
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup hot water
- 6 ounces fresh spinach
- 15 ounce can chickpeas
- 1 cup plain non-fat Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup unsalted cashews
- Heat oil in large skillet.
- Add onions, and cook until translucent.
- Stir in ginger, and continue cooking about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in curry powder, tomatoes, cauliflower, lentils, salt, and water.
- Simmer, covered, about 15-20 minutes, or until lentils are soft.
- Stir in spinach and chickpeas, and cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add Greek yogurt, and stir in to combine.
- Top with cashews, and serve over basmati rice or with naan.
**Nutrition values are estimates.
Adapted from Family Circle.