There’s something satisfying about making food that tastes as good or better than what you can get at a restaurant. I guess that’s why copycat recipes and cookbooks are so popular.
One of the nice things about making the food yourself is that you can customize it to your taste. It also tends to be far less expensive when you make it. So, with that in mind, I give you my version of Fiesta Lime Chicken
Fiesta Lime Chicken
Copycat fiesta lime chicken recipe
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 /2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast filets (4)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise reduced-fat ok
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream**
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce I like to use the Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- 1/8 teapsoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Whisk together the water, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, garlic, liquid smoke, garlic salt, and ginger.
- Coat chicken in mixture, and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, Cajun spice, parsley, hot sauce, dill week, and cumin. Cover, and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 5-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
Place grilled chicken on a baking sheet.
Brush grilled chicken with reserved dressing, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until cheese has melted, about 1-3 minutes.
Serve topped with pico de gallo.
*Recipe nutrition facts are estimates. Estimate does not account for discarded marinade.
**Non-fat Greek yogurt will work, but I don't recommend using non-fat sour cream.
adapted from America’s Most Wanted Recipes