Make takeout at home with this easy copycat Fiesta Lime Chicken recipe! This simple recipe is quick, easy, and tastes great!
There’s something satisfying about making food that tastes as good or better than what you can get at a restaurant. I guess that’s why copycat recipes and cookbooks are so popular.
One of the nice things about making the food yourself is that you can customize it to your taste. It also tends to be far less expensive when you make it.
So, with that in mind, I give you my version of Applebee’s Fiesta Lime Chicken. This recipe makes tender, flavorful chicken topped with melted cheese and pico de gallo.
It’s also easy to prep part of the recipe ahead. Just mix up the marinade, add the chicken, and let it chill until ready to use.
More easy chicken dinner recipes!
If you’ve tried this fiesta lime chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Fiesta Lime Chicken
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 lime juiced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1 /2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast filets (4)
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise reduced-fat ok
- 1/4 cup plain Greek yogurt or sour cream**
- 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco Sauce I like to use the Chipotle Tabasco Sauce
- 1/8 teapsoon dried dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Pico de gallo
- Whisk together the water, teriyaki sauce, lime juice, garlic, liquid smoke, garlic salt, and ginger.
- Coat chicken in mixture, and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Whisk together the mayonnaise, yogurt, Cajun spice, parsley, hot sauce, dill week, and cumin. Cover, and chill until ready to use.
- Preheat oven to broil.
- Discard marinade.
- Grill the marinated chicken breasts for 5-10 minutes per side, or until cooked through.
- Place grilled chicken on a baking sheet.
- Brush grilled chicken with reserved dressing, sprinkle with cheese, and broil until cheese has melted, about 1-3 minutes.
- Serve topped with pico de gallo.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
adapted from America’s Most Wanted Recipes
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
David Daily says
Made this tonight for my mom and I, I subsutited some of the ingredients and it is still good.
That’s great! I’m glad it worked out well for you!
I made this for my family and we all fell in LOVE with it. Tis has become a favorite for sure!!!
Thank you! I’m so glad that it was a hit with your family! =) Thanks for commenting!
What reserved dressing?
The reserved dressing is the dressing you made in step 3.
Super tasty! Thanks!