Sweet and tangy pineapple chicken makes an easy weeknight dinner. This simple chicken recipe makes tender chicken that's topped with a flavorful sauce. It you like teriyaki chicken, you'll love this pineapple chicken recipe.
Easy one-skillet chicken dinners make like easier! This pineapple chicken recipe is a simple recipe that tastes like it takes a lot more time to make than it does.
The sauce for this pineapple chicken tastes similar to teriyaki sauce. It's sweet and tangy, and, depending on how much chili garlic sauce you use, it can have a little heat, too.
What goes well with pineapple chicken?
I like to serve this pineapple chicken with coconut rice. The creamy coconut rice goes well with the sweet and tangy sauce on this chicken.
This recipe makes plenty of sauce, which is great served over rice. It also reheats well, and the extra sauce helps to keep the chicken moist when it is reheated.
More easy chicken recipes!
If you’ve tried this pineapple chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- ½ cup lite soy sauce
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- ½ cup brown sugar (packed)
- ¼ cup ketchup
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts halves*
- 1 cup pineapple chunks
- In a medium bowl, whisk soy sauce, pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and chili garlic sauce together. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breast halves, and cook until browned on one side, about 3-5 minutes.
- Flip chicken and continue cooking until chicken reaches 165 F.
- Remove chicken to plate, and tent loosely with aluminum foil to keep warm.
- Add soy sauce mixture to now-empty skillet.
- Bring just to boil, and cook until slightly thickened, about 5-10 minutes.
- Add pineapple chunks, and toss to coat.
- Serve sauce and pineapple over chicken.