Coconut rice is a rich, savory side dish that goes well with Asian and Asian-inspired dishes.
Rice is such a common side, and it seems like it should be easy to make. It can be tricky, though, to make rice well on the stove.
This coconut rice recipe is easy to make on the stove, and it only takes four ingredients to make. Also, there are no difficult-to-find ingredients; the ingredients for this coconut rice are readily available at most supermarkets.
How do you make coconut rice?
It's easy! Just rinse the rice, bring it to a boil, simmer, and then let it sit. I've made coconut rice using a bamboo steamer and glutinous rice. This recipe is easier, and the final rice tastes pretty similar to that rice.
More Asian recipes!
If you’ve tried this coconut rice recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 13.5 ounce can coconut milk (regular or lite)
- 1 cup water
- Pinch or two of salt
- Rinse rice in a fine mesh strainer.
- Once rinsed, add rice to a saucepan, and stir in coconut milk, water, and salt.
- Cover, and heat over medium-high heat until rice reaches a boil.
- Once rice reaches a boil, reduce heat to lowest setting, and continue cooking for 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat, and let rice sit, covered, for 15 minutes.
- Fluff, and serve.
Adapted from Budget Bytes.