Weeknight dinner made easy! This simple Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe is the tasty one-pot way to make beef stroganoff.
Beef stroganoff is one of my favorite dinner recipes. When I have all day, I make it in the slow cooker.
There's just something about the combination of the rich beef and creamy sauce that I love.
This Instant Pot version is an easy, one-pot weeknight version. It's great for those times when you want the flavors of been stroganoff but don't have all day to wait.
Not only is it easy to make, but since it's a one-pot meal, it's that much faster to clean up. Win-win!
How To Make Beef Stroganoff In The Instant Pot
Start by browning the ground beef. Then, drain the beef, and set aside.
Next, saute the vegetables.
Once the vegetables are sauteed, add the browned ground beef, noodles, broth, and the rest of the ingredients to the inner pot.
Add the lid and lock into place. Turn the pressure release valve to SEALING and then cook.
After cooking, stir in the sour cream, and serve topped with parsley.
What makes this the best pressure cooker beef stroganoff
Sometimes beef stroganoff ends up kinda bland. To help pump up the flavor, I've added a bit more garlic along with a bit of mustard and tomato paste to help give it a more complex flavor.
I like to serve it with a simple green salad on the side for a quick weeknight dinner. Steamed veggies also work well paired with this dinner.
Some people like to serve beef stroganoff with garlic bread to help sop up any of the remaining sauce.
More Instant Pot Recipes!
If you’ve tried this Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot/electric pressure cooker
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 8 ounces sliced button mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cups beef broth1
- 12 ounce package wide egg noodles
- 1 cup sour cream2
- 1 tablespoon chopped flat leaf parsley
- Select high SAUTE setting on the Instant Pot, and add ground beef.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink.
- Drain, and return to Instant Pot.
- Add onion and mushrooms, and saute for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in garlic, and cook, stirring regularly, for 30 seconds.
- Stir in tomato paste, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Add beef broth and noodles, and gently stir to combine.
- Gently press the noodles down into the broth. It's ok if a few are sticking out a little.
- Press CANCEL.
- Lock the lid in place, and turn pressure release valve to SEALING.
- Press the MANUAL button, and set the cooking time to 5 minutes on HIGH pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for 5 minutes.
- Turn the pressure relase valve to VENTING to release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve topped with chopped parsley.
- I like to use reduced sodium beef broth.
- Full-fat or light sour cream ok. I don't recommend using fat-free sour cream.
- Nutrition values are estimates.