No Bake Key Lime Pie is a simple icebox dessert that takes just 10 minutes to make. This easy key lime pie recipe is so light and refreshing.
During the summer, easy, no-bake dessert recipes are a must! Between the summer heat and all of the summer busyness, desserts like this easy no bake key lime pie that take just minutes to make, are so welcome.
This simple key lime pie recipe takes just 5 ingredients and 10 minutes to make. It's also a great make-ahead choice and tastes better the longer it sits.
This no bake key lime pie is also really flexible. Check out the tips below for some easy substitutions and twist ideas.
How To Make No Bake Key Lime Pie
In a large bowl, mix together the sweetened condensed milk and the heavy cream until well-combined. Add the lime juice and lime zest, and stir in.
Whisk until slightly thickened. The mixture will have the texture of a thin whipped cream and will set up some as it chills.
Spread about 1 cup of the cream mixture in the bottom of your dish.
Top with a layer of crackers and then another layer of the cream mixture. Add alternating layers of crackers and the cream mixture. You can add more or less layers of crackers to taste.
End the layers with a layer of the cream mixture. Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours.
The longer the dish chills, the more the crackers will soften and the flavors will blend. Top with homemade whipped cream just before serving.
Tips For Making No Bake Key Lime Pie
- This recipe doesn't use key limes as they can be difficult to find. If you prefer, you can sub key lime juice.
- The pie isn't overly sweet. If you like a sweeter pie, consider using graham crackers (chocolate or honey) or another sweeter cookie (like Nilla wafters) or cracker (like honey wheat Ritz) in place of the regular Ritz crackers.
- Feel free to use more or less crackers in this pie to taste.
- I prefer to make the pie the day before to give it plenty of time to set up and time for the crackers to soften.
How Long Will This Keep?
This no bake pie will keep, covered, in the fridge for up to 4 days.
More No Bake Dessert Recipes!
If you’ve tried this no bake key lime pie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
No Bake Key Lime Pie
- 2-14 ounce cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lime zest
- 2/3 cup freshly squeezed lime juice1 (from about 8 limes)
- 10 ounces Ritz crackers2 (about 3 sleeves or 85 crackers)
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, whisk condensed milk and heavy cream together until well-combined.
- Add the lime zest and lime juice.
- Whisk until well-combined and slightly thickened, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spread 1 cup of the cream mixture on the bottom of a large, shallow baking dish. I used a 10x14-inch oval baking dish.
- Place a single layer of Ritz crackers over the cream.
- Repeat, alternating layers of the cream and crackers, ending with a layer of the cream mixture.
- Cover, and chill for at least 2 hours or overnight. The longer that it chills, the more the crackers will soften and the flavors will blend.
- Top with whipped cream just before serving.
- Can substitute an equal amount of key lime juice.
- For a sweeter pie, substitute graham crackers or similar cracker or cookies.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Adapted from Serious Eats.