I’m not a huge ice cream person, but black forest is one of my favorite flavors.
I first had it at a restaurant when I was living in Iowa, and I’ve never found another place that serves it. Since no churn ice cream is so easy to make, I decided to make my own version of that ice cream.
The chocolate base of this no churn black forest ice cream tastes almost like a frosty. It’s not overly chocolaty and sort of light and fluffy.
I use leftover homemade brownies in the ice cream, but any brownies will do. And the pieces of fresh cherry add some yummy tartness to the mix.
Want to try another no-churn ice cream recipe? Check out my no-churn Snickers ice cream.
If you’ve tried this no churn black forest ice cream recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
No Churn Black Forest Ice Cream
- 2 cups cold heavy whipping cream
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 cups fresh pitted and chopped cherries
- 1 1/2-2 cups finely chopped brownie pieces*
- 1/2 ounce bittersweet or semisweet chocolate
- Place a 6-cup container in the freezer. I've used an 8x4 and a 9x5-inch loaf pan, and either one will work.
- Beat heavy whipping cream on high until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the condensed milk and cocoa powder until well-combined.
- Fold 1 cup whipped cream into milk mixture.
- Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Remove container from freezer, and pour half of the ice cream mixture into container.
- Sprinkle half of the chopped cherries and brownie pieces over the ice cream.
- Finely chop or grate half of the chocolate over the top of the brownies and chocolate. Pour rest of ice cream over the top.
- Top with remaining half cherries, brownies, and rest of chocolate.
- Cover tightly, and freeze for 6-8 hours, or until firm.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Amazing! This is cream was so good!
Glad you liked it! Thank you!
Unreal. I’m serious, this looks so good it has to be unreal. I am SO excited to try this out!