If you love fast and tasty recipes, you will love this oven roasted potato wedge recipe. The homemade seasoned potato wedges are crispy on the outside and soft and fluffy in the inside.
Baked potato wedges are thicker than French fries. They make a great side dish, and these homemade potato wedges are almost as simple to make as the frozen potato wedges.
The seasoning and spices can easily be changed up to vary the flavor of the potato wedges.
What you'll need to make oven roasted potato wedges
- Russet potatoes: Russet potatoes are the type of potato that's commonly used to make baked potatoes.
- Olive oil
- Onion powder: Be sure to use onion powder, not onion salt.
- Garlic powder: Make sure you use garlic powder, not garlic salt.
- Kosher salt: Sea salt also works well. If using table salt, use half of the amount of salt. You can always add more salt after baking if you'd like.
- Ground black pepper
How to make oven roasted potato wedges
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lightly grease the parchment paper or silicone baking mat with nonstick cooking spray.
Step 2: Place the cut potatoes on the baking sheet in a pile on the baking sheet.
Step 3: Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat potatoes in the oil. Spread the potato wedges into an even, single layer.
Step 4: In a small bowl, stir together the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the potatoes.
Step 5: Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Absolutely! Feel free to use seasoning blends, like Greek seasoning or Italian seasoning, or add in any seasonings that you like.
No, there's no need to flip the wedges while baking. If you'd like the potato wedges to be extra crispy, feel free to broil them until they're as crisp as you'd like.
Place the leftovers on a greased rimmed baking sheet and bake at 400 F until heated through.
What to serve with potato wedges
The potato wedges are best eaten when freshly made. Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The potato wedges will keep for 2-3 days when properly stored in the fridge.
More delicious potato recipes!
If you’ve tried this oven roasted potato wedge recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Oven Roasted Potato Wedges
- Large rimmed sheet pan
- 4 medium Russet potatoes washed and cut into eighths
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Lightly grease the parchment paper or silicone baking mat with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place the cut potatoes on the baking sheet and spread into an even, single layer.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and toss to coat potatoes in the oil.
- In a small bowl, stir together the onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Sprinkle the seasoning mix over the potatoes.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Serve immediately.