There’s no wrong time of year for brownies.
Brownies aren’t traditionally a Thanksgiving dessert, but maybe they should be!
Pecan pie is my favorite Thanksgiving pie. I love the the combination of the crunch pecans and the rich brown sugar filling. The only part of the pie that I don’t love is the crust.
These pecan pie brownies are dense, chocolate brownies topped with a rich pecan pie topping. They’re a fun twist on the usual pecan pie, and they’re perfect for chocolate-lovers.
I like to store the brownies in the fridge. It makes the brownie layer denser and fudgier, which I like.
More Pecan Pie Recipes!
If you’ve tried this pecan pie brownie recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Pecan Pie Brownies
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons butter
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Pecan Pie Topping
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x13-inch baking pan. Set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in cocoa. Set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs and sugar until blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Stir in vanilla and the cooled chocolate mixture until well blended.
- Spread into prepared baking pan.
- To make the topping, melt butter over medium-low heat in a large saucepan.
- Stir in flour until smooth.
- Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup, and 2 eggs until well-combined.
- Increase heat to medium; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil.
- Remove from heat, and stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Spoon topping over brownie batter.
- Bake for 25-35 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick comes out with just a few fudgy crumbs.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- I store the leftover brownies in the fridge with the cut portion covered.