Easy dinner recipe! Sheet pan cashew chicken is a tasty 30 minute meal that’s great for weeknight dinners or for make-ahead meal prep.
Have you tried sheet pan dinners yet? If not, you should!
So, what is a sheet pan dinner? It’s a meal that’s cooked on a sheet pan. I’ve been making a lot of sheet pan suppers lately, and I love how easy they are to make and how easy they are to clean-up.
Not only is this sheet pan cashew chicken an easy weeknight dinner, but it’s also good for meal prep. While it’s baking, I make a big batch of quinoa.
Then, I just portion this sheet pan cashew chicken out along with the quinoa, and we have lunch for the next few days.
More Easy Dinner Recipes!
If you’ve tried this sheet pan cashew chicken recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
- 1/2 cup lite soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar packed
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced ginger
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup water
Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 head broccoli cut into florets and stems
- 1 red bell pepper cut into chunks
- 2 green bell pepper cut into chunks
- 1 cup unsalted roasted cashews plus extra for serving
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together sauce ingredients until combined.
- Bring to a simmer over medium heat, stirring regularly, until sauce thickens.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a large rimmed sheet pan* with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- Place chicken on prepared sheet pan, and drizzle 1/3 sauce over chicken.
- Toss chicken to coat in sauce.
- Cook for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven, and place broccoli, bell peppers, and cashews in a single layer around the chicken.
- Pour remaining sauce over chicken and veggies; toss to coat.
- Return pan to the oven, and continue cooking for an additional 8-12 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Serve by itself or over white rice, brown rice, or quinoa.
- Sprinkle with extra cashews, if desired.
**Nutrition values are estimates.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Adapted from The Recipe Critic.
More easy dinner recipes!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
This is a go-to for busy nights and is perfect when schedule is up in the air and we need something that is flexible. I love that it is easy to sub in veggies with what I have in the fridge. Two times I made this for family who were flying in and we weren’t sure when they would arrive- both times they asked for the recipe. So good!!!!
Thank you so much! One of my favorite things about sheet pan dinners is how flexible they are.
Hoping to make it this weekend. Can you omit brown sugar? Husband diabetic. ☮️
You can! Hoisin is fairly sweet, so feel free to omit the brown sugar if you prefer.
I was a rock star with this cashew chicken. Everyone went back for more. No more cashew chicken takeout for us.
I’m so glad that you liked it!