This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt’s and BUSH’S. The opinions and text are all mine.
Chili is a cold-weather staple in my house. There's just something about a bowl of chili on a cold day that's so perfect.
One of the things that we love about chili is just how many ways there are to enjoy it. There's veggie chili, beef chili, chicken chili, and more!
After living in Arizona for the last three years, my family has a taste for the Southwest. This slow cooker chicken enchilada chili takes those Southwestern flavors and incorporates them into this delicious chili recipe.
How to make slow cooker chicken enchilada chili
This chili starts with plenty of tomatoes and beans. I use Hunt's diced tomatoes and BUSH’S® Chili Beans. Hunt's vine-ripened tomatoes and BUSH's slow-simmered chili beans make a flavorful base for this chili.
Then, corn, seasonings, enchilada sauce, and chicken are all added to round out the chili.
Ideas to customize this chili
Besides being delicious, one of the best thing about this slow cooker chicken enchilada chili is that you can really make it your own.
Since I have four younger kids, I keep the chili pretty mild. If you like things on the hotter side, you can double or triple the spices. You could also use a medium or hot enchilada sauce for even more heat.
If you prefer to keep the chili dairy-free, you can leave the cream cheese out. If you go this route, I recommend using only 1 cup of chicken broth in the chili.
Check out even more chili ideas on Chili Pride!
What to serve with chili
This chili is great topped with shredded cheese, cilantro, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, or avocado. It's also good topped with sour cream if you like your chili to be extra creamy.
How to store chili
Another great thing about chili is that it keeps well. I store it covered in the fridge. To reheat it, I just microwave it, and the chili stays good for about 4 days.
If you’ve tried this slow cooker chicken enchilada chili recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Chili
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 14.5 ounce can Hunt's petite diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 14.5 ounce can Hunt's fire roasted diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 2-15 ounce cans BUSH'S black beans in mild chili sauce (undrained)
- 15 ounces can corn (drained)
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder**
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika***
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese**** (at room temperature)
- Add the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken broth, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and pepper to a large slow cooker. I use a 6 quart.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breast, and nestle it into the tomato mixture.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Carefully shred chicken using two forks.
- Add cream cheese, and stir in to combine. You may find that you need to let it sit, covered, for a few minutes to let it begin to melt.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Hunt's and BUSH'S. The opinions and text are all mine.