Slow cooker chicken enchilada chili is an easy crock pot chili recipe that’s packed with flavor. This simple meal takes just minutes to prep!
Chili is a cold-weather staple in my house. There’s just something about a bowl of chili on a cold day that’s so perfect.
One of the things that we love about chili is just how many ways there are to enjoy it. There’s veggie chili, beef chili, chicken chili, and even pumpkin chili!
This slow cooker chicken enchilada chili takes the great flavors of enchiladas and incorporates them into this delicious chili recipe.
How to make slow cooker chicken enchilada chili
Step 1: Add the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken broth, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and pepper to a large slow cooker. I use a 6 quart. Stir to combine.
Step 2: Add the chicken breast, and nestle it into the tomato mixture.
Step 3: Cover, and cook on low for 6-7 hours.
Step 4: Carefully shred chicken using two forks.
Step 5: Add cream cheese, and stir in to combine. You may find that you need to let it sit, covered, for a few minutes to let it begin to melt.
Besides being delicious, one of the best thing about this slow cooker chicken enchilada chili is that you can really make it your own.
Spicy: I keep the chili pretty mild. If you like things on the hotter side, you can double or triple the spices. You could also use a medium or hot enchilada sauce for even more heat.
Dairy-free: If you prefer to keep the chili dairy-free, you can leave the cream cheese out. If you go this route, I recommend using only 1 cup of chicken broth in the chili.
What to serve with this chili
This chili is great topped with shredded cheese, cilantro, pico de gallo, tortilla strips, or avocado or guacamole. It’s also good topped with sour cream if you like your chili to be extra creamy.
Sides that go well with this chili include cornbread or cornbread muffins, green salad, or fruit salad.
How to store
Another great thing about chili is that it keeps well. I store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator. The chili will keep for up to 4 days when properly stored in the fridge.
To reheat it, I just microwave it until warmed through.
More chili recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker chicken enchilada chili recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can subscribe to receive my latest recipe newsletters or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Chili
- 10 ounce can red enchilada sauce
- 14.5 ounce can petite diced tomatoes undrained
- 14.5 ounce fire roasted diced tomatoes undrained
- 2-15 ounce cans black beans in mild chili sauce undrained
- 15 ounces can corn drained
- 1 ½ cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 ounces cream cheese at room temperature
- Add the enchilada sauce, tomatoes, beans, corn, chicken broth, garlic, chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, and pepper to a large slow cooker. I use a 6 quart.
- Stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breast, and nestle it into the tomato mixture.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 6-7 hours.
- Carefully shred chicken using two forks.
- Add cream cheese, and stir in to combine. You may find that you need to let it sit, covered, for a few minutes to let it begin to melt.
- You’ll want to use chicken breasts, not chicken breast halves.
- This will give you a mild chili. If you like things spicier, increase the amount of chili powder.
- Regular paprika will also work.
- Full-fat or 1/3-less fat cream cheese ok. I don’t recommend fat-free cream cheese in this recipe.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Comments & Reviews
Delish! Looking forward to making the majority of your muffins.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy them!
Oh boy was this good. Love the flavors and love having leftovers. Will make again.
Thanks! I love the leftovers, too. =) Thanks for commenting!
Regan Leger says
Where did you find those bolws?? (the blue crock style)
Hi! I found them at World Market. =)
This was so easy to come together. I did it on top of the stove, but still tasted great! Will definitely make again.
Thank you! I’m glad to hear that it worked out on the stove, too. Thank you for taking the time to come back and comment! =)
Delish!! Can’t wait to try this!
Thanks! Hope you enjoy it! =)
This looks yummy. I will surely try this recipe. Thanks for this.
Thank you! I hope you enjoy it as much as we do! =)