Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork is tender, flavorful pork that’s made with citrus, oregano, cumin, and plenty of garlic. This easy dinner takes less than 10 minutes of prep!
Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork is a perfect weeknight meal that can be put in the slow cooker in the morning and will be ready to go when you get home. Serve with black beans and white rice for an easy dinner.
What is mojo?
Mojo pork is a classic Cuban dish that is slow-cooked in a citrus garlic marinade flavored with oregano and cumin.
Ingredients and substitutions
- Olive oil
- Pork shoulder – A fattier cut of pork, like the shoulder, works better than a leaner cut, like a pork loin. Bone-in pork shoulder roast or pork roast will also work.
- Ground cumin
- Dried oregano
- Black pepper
- Kosher salt
- Lime juice
- Orange juice – Traditionally, mojo is made with sour oranges. However, fresh orange juice will work.
How to make Cuban mojo pork in the slow cooker
Step 1 Drizzle the olive oil in the crock pot insert.
Step 2 Place untrimmed pork, fat side down in the insert. Then turn it so the fat side is up. This coats both sides with olive oil.
Step 3 Sprinkle the roast with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
Step 4 Spoon the garlic over the roast.
Step 5 Pour the lime juice and orange juice around the edges of the roast.
Step 6 Cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat falls apart when shredded with a fork.
Cuban pork is traditionally served with black beans, rice, and fried plantains. It can also be used to make Cuban sandwiches.
The leftover pork should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge. It can be kept for up to 4 days when properly stored.
Can I make mojo pork in the Instant Pot?
Absolutely! Here is the Instant Pot mojo pork recipe.
More slow cooker recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker Cuban mojo pork recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Slow Cooker Cuban Mojo Pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3-4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 5 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lime juice about 1 large lime’s worth
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice
- Drizzle the olive oil in the slow cooker insert.
- Place untrimmed pork, fat side down in the insert. Then turn it so the fat side is up. This coats both sides with olive oil.
- Sprinkle the roast with cumin, oregano, salt and pepper.
- Spoon the garlic over the roast.
- Pour the lime juice and orange juice around the edges of the roast.
- Cover, and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until meat falls apart when shredded with a fork.
Originally published 2/21/12. Updated with new photos and additional information and tips on 2/10/22.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!