Easy strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe! This simple strawberry rhubarb crisp has warm fruit filling topped with a sweet crisp topping.
Originally published 2/18/12. Last updated 3/22/19.
Fruit crisps are such delicious, comforting desserts!
The warm fruit topped with a layer of crunchy crisp topping is just so inviting.
I like a more even mix of fruit filling and crisp topping.
So, this strawberry rhubarb is about half fruit filling and half crisp topping, which is my ideal ratio.
It also has a good sweet/tart mix between the filling and the topping.
Can I use fresh rhubarb?
Substitute an equal amount of fresh rhubarb in place of the frozen rhubarb.
More fruit crisps!
If you’ve tried this strawberry rhubarb crisp recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp
- 2 cups fresh strawberries stemmed and quartered
- 2 cups frozen rhubarb thawed and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4-1/3 cup granulated sugar depending on desired sweetness
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 1/2 cup butter cut into pea-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Combine all the strawberries, rhubarb, sugar, and cornstarch in a large bowl. Stir to combine well. Spoon into a shallow baking dish (1 ½ quart).
- To make the topping, in a food processor (or with your hands) combine the flour, oats, and brown sugar and pulse (or smoosh) to combine.
- Add the butter and pulse (or smoosh) until the mixture looks dry and crumbly.
- Crumble the topping over the filling.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is hot and bubbly all the way through and the topping looks crispy and light brown, about 25 to 30 minutes.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!