Easy strawberry dessert recipe! These strawberry oatmeal bars have a filling of fresh strawberries sandwiched between oatmeal crumble crust and topping.
Strawberries are one of my favorite spring foods! I love how bright and colorful they are. I love that they're sweet and just a bit tart, and I love that they're just as at home at breakfast as they are at dessert.
These strawberry oatmeal bars could work for either breakfast (minus the glaze) or for dessert. Or, if you're like my husband, you could top the bars with a scoop of ice cream for the ultimate strawberry dessert.
Gluten-free strawberry oatmeal bars
If you'd like to make the bars gluten-free, swap the white whole wheat flour with a 1:1 gluten free flour blend and use gluten free oats.
Dairy-free strawberry oatmeal bars
If you'd like to make these bars dairy-free, swap the butter out for melted coconut oil and use non-dairy milk in the glaze.
More strawberry dessert recipes!
If you’ve tried this strawberry oatmeal bar recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
- You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Strawberry Oatmeal BarsFresh strawberry filling sandwiched between oatmeal crumble crust and topping.Prep Time: 20 minutesCook Time: 35 minutesTotal Time: 55 minutesServings:12 servingsCourse: DessertCuisine: AmericanKeyword: strawberry bars, strawberry dessert, strawberry oatmeal bars
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour*
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter (melted )
- 2 cups diced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line an 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper with the parchment overhanging the edges of the pan. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, stir oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt together until combined.
- Stir the melted butter into the oatmeal mixture until it forms clumps.
- Set aside ½ cup of the crumble mixture.
- Press the remaining oat mixture into an even layer in the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a small bowl, toss strawberries, sugar, corn starch, and lemon juice together.
- Sprinkle the reserved crumbs over the fruit filling. The crumbs won't completely cover the fruit.
- Bake the bars for 35-45 minutes, or until the topping smells is light golden brown.
- Cool the bars in the pan until they reach room temperature.
- To make the glaze, whisk powdered sugar, vanilla, and milk together until combined.
- Drizzle over cooled bars, and cut into squares to serve.
Notes*Can use all-purpose flour in place of white whole wheat flour.
**Nutrition values are estimates.
Nutrition InformationServing: 1servingCalories: 156kcal (8%)Carbohydrates: 23g (8%)Protein: 2g (4%)Fat: 6g (9%)Saturated Fat: 3g (15%)Cholesterol: 15mg (5%)Sodium: 53mg (2%)Potassium: 77mg (2%)Fiber: 1g (4%)Sugar: 13g (14%)Vitamin A: 175IU (4%)Vitamin C: 14.3mg (17%)Calcium: 21mg (2%)Iron: 0.6mg (3%)
Adapted from Well Plated.