Cinnamon roll bites are homemade pull-apart bread bites covered with gooey, buttery cinnamon roll filling and rich icing. Quick cinnamon rolls that are homemade in one hour!
Cinnamon rolls are a favorite treat at my house.
Since we love all things cinnamon roll, I have a number of cinnamon roll recipes.
These cinnamon roll bites are little different, though. They are more like the gooey middle of a cinnamon roll than a traditional roll.
The cinnamon roll bites are topped off with a healthy dose of sweet icing. The little bit of butter in the icing gives the icing a yummy richness that makes it extra tasty.
And these cinnamon roll bites are ready in just one hour, so they’re great for times when you want a cinnamon roll but don’t want to spend all day baking up a batch.
More cinnamon sugar recipes!
Cinnamon Roll Bites
Gooey cinnamon roll bites covered in sweet icing
- 1 ½ cups warm water about 105 F
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl), stir together the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough clears the sides of the bowl.
- Knead dough for three minutes.
- Cover, and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces.
Shape each piece into a ball, and place dough balls in the prepared skillet.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise 20 minutes.
- Toward the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 350 F.
Uncover, and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While bites are baking, stir together granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Brush bites with half melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drizzle remaining half butter over bites.
- To make the icing, stir together melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Add 1 tablespoon milk, and stir in.
- Continue adding milk until icing reaches desired consistency. I use about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons for a thicker icing.
- Drizzle icing over bites.
*Nutrition facts are estimated.