Cinnamon roll bites are homemade pull-apart bread bites covered with gooey, buttery cinnamon roll filling and rich icing. Quick cinnamon rolls that are homemade in one hour!
Cinnamon rolls are a favorite treat at my house.
Since we love all things cinnamon roll, I have a number of cinnamon roll recipes.
These cinnamon roll bites are little different, though. They are more like the gooey middle of a cinnamon roll than a traditional roll.
The cinnamon roll bites are topped off with a healthy dose of sweet icing. The little bit of butter in the icing gives the icing a yummy richness that makes it extra tasty.
And these cinnamon roll bites are ready in just one hour, so they’re great for times when you want a cinnamon roll but don’t want to spend all day baking up a batch.
More Cinnamon Recipes!
If you’ve tried this cinnamon roll bite recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
Cinnamon Roll Bites
- 1 ½ cups warm water about 105 F
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3-4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon butter melted
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-3 tablespoons milk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl), stir together the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough clears the sides of the bowl.
- Knead dough for three minutes.
- Cover, and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease a 10-inch cast iron skillet with butter.
- Divide dough into 24 pieces.
- Shape each piece into a ball, and place dough balls in the prepared skillet.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise 20 minutes.
- Toward the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Uncover, and bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While bites are baking, stir together granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Brush bites with half melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Drizzle remaining half butter over bites.
- To make the icing, stir together melted butter, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Add 1 tablespoon milk, and stir in.
- Continue adding milk until icing reaches desired consistency. I use about 1 1/2-2 tablespoons for a thicker icing.
- Drizzle icing over bites.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!