Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe is a simple cheddar garlic drop biscuit recipe that tastes just like the Red Lobster biscuits.
I've been known to choose a restaurant based on the carbs. Bread, rolls, and biscuits are a few of my favorite things.
This copycat cheddar bay biscuit recipe is a super simple recreation of the biscuits from Red Lobster.
The cheddar garlic drop biscuits are topped with a simple garlic parsley butter that has just a bit of Old Bay Seasoning in it. The biscuits come together quickly, and they're ready in about 15 minutes, which makes them a perfect side for a busy night.
Copycat Cheddar Bay Biscuit Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ½ cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1 ½ cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter (melted)
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, garlic powder, and salt.
- Add buttermilk and melted butter. Stir until just incorporated.
- Fold in cheese until just combined.
- Scoop out 3 tablespoons batter onto the prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2-3 inches in between biscuits.
- Bake for about 8-12 minutes, or until golden brown.
- For the garlic butter, whisk together butter, parsley, garlic powder, and Old Bay in a small bowl.
- Brush the tops of the hot biscuits with the garlic butter.
- Serve immediately.