I’m going a little cranberry crazy. I love cranberries, so I picked up a 3 pound bag at the store. We’re moving in a few weeks, so I was taking inventory to see what needs to be used up in our freezer before we move, and I found another 3 pound bag of cranberries. So, I have 6 pounds of cranberries and about 3 weeks to use them.
The first thing that I made were these Cranberry Orange Mini Muffins. Muffins are a big hit in our house, and mini muffins are even more popular, especially when they’re topped with a sprinkle of orange sugar. Plus, the mini size makes them the perfect snack size.
I made these muffins with the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter!® spread. We have used it on our toast, muffins, etc., but I wasn’t sure how baking with a spread was going to work out. I was pleasantly surprised at how well the muffins turned out. They were moist and soft, and my kids gobbled them up.
Cranberry Orange Mini Muffins
- 2 c . fresh cranberries (, rough chopped)
- 2 c . all-purpose flour (, divided)
- 1/2 c . I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread
- 1 c . sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp . vanilla extract
- 1/2 c . milk
- 2 tsp . baking powder
- 1/4 tsp . salt
- 1 T . grated orange zest
- 1 T . granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp . grated orange zest
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Line 48 mini muffin cups with mini cupcake liners.
- In a large bowl, beat I Can't Believe It's Not Butter!® Spread and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla, scraping sides occasionally.
- Beat in milk.
- Add flour, baking powder, and salt; stir until just blended.
- Stir in cranberries and orange zest.
- Divide batter among prepared muffin cups.
- For orange-sugar, combine sugar and orange zest in small bowl; sprinkle evenly over batter.
- Bake for 12-18 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely.
Adapted from ICBINB.com
If you haven’t tried the new I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter, it’s now made with plant-based oils, purified water, and a pinch of salt. The new spreads hit the stores in October, so if you’ve tried it, head over to the website, and let them know what you think.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.