Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce is a sweet and tangy homemade barbecue sauce that’s made with Dr Pepper.
Some things, like barbecue sauce, are so easy to come by and so inexpensive that making your own sauce may seem like more trouble than it’s worth.
Let me assure you that making this Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce is completely worth the little bit of time that it takes to make it.
It’s rich and sweet and a little spicy.
And since you’re making it, you can adjust the seasonings to your liking.
Plus, it’s incredibly easy to make. Just stir it up, let it simmer, and you have sauce!
Once you take the time to make this Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce, you may never go back to bottled sauce again!
Recipes that go well with this sauce!
- Slow Cooker Barbecue Beef
- Dr Pepper Brisket Sliders with Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- Slow Cooker Rib Recipe
Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce
- 1/2 c . ketchup
- 1/2 c . brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 c . cider vinegar
- 1/3 c . Worcestershire sauce
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 2 T . liquid smoke
- 1 tsp . ancho chili powder
- 1 tsp . garlic powder (NOT garlic salt)
- 1/2 tsp . pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 12 oz can Dr. Pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a saucepan, and stir until combined.
- Let the sauce simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until it begins to thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings with additional salt and pepper, if desired.
- Let sauce cool until room temperature.
- Cover, and store, refrigerated, for up to 2 weeks.