Slow Cooker Rib recipe makes tender, fall-off-the-bone ribs in the crock pot with almost no effort. This easy barbecue dinner is made with just 4 ingredients.
Slow Cooker Ribs are so easy and so tasty! The fall-off-the-bone tender ribs are cooked in the slow cooker and then finished off with a quick broil in the oven. The quick broil gives the ribs their fantastic sticky, caramelized, crackly texture.
It only takes four ingredients to make this easy recipe, and the recipe is super versatile. So, you can customize it to your tastes by using different sauces and rubs.
How to make
Rub ribs with barbecue seasoning mix. Place on side standing up in greased slow cooker. I use a 6 quart slow cooker.
Drizzle liquid smoke over ribs. Pour 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in bottom of slow cooker.
Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Preheat broiler.
Remove ribs from slow cooker, and place on parchment-lined broiler-safe pan. Brush with half of remaining barbecue sauce. Double coating the ribs in sauce helps to give the ribs the sticky, caramelized texture.
Broil for 3-5 minutes. Brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
Barbecue seasoning mix: Feel free to use any rub or seasoning blend that you like.
Liquid smoke: The liquid smoke helps to give the ribs more of a barbecued flavor. You can adjust the amount to taste.
You can adjust the cooking time depending on how tender you would like the ribs to be.
Cooking for 6-7 hours on LOW: You will end up with tender ribs that stay on the bone.
Cooking for 8-9 hours on LOW: You will end up with fall-off-the-bone tender meat.
More barbecue and grilling recipes!
If you’ve tried this slow cooker rib recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Slow Cooker Rib Recipe
- 4 pounds bone-in pork spare ribs
- 1/2 cup barbecue seasoning spice mix
- 2 tablespoons liquid smoke
- 2 cups barbecue sauce divided
- Rub ribs with barbecue seasoning mix.
- Place on side standing up in greased slow cooker. I use a 6 quart slow cooker.
- Drizzle liquid smoke over ribs.
- Pour 1/2 cup barbecue sauce in bottom of slow cooker.
- Cover, and cook on low for 6-8 hours. Check out the details on the cooking time differences above the recipe.
- Preheat broiler.
- Remove ribs from slow cooker, and place on parchment-lined broiler-safe pan.
- Brush with half of remaining barbecue sauce.
- Broil for 3-5 minutes.
- Brush with remaining barbecue sauce.
- Barbecue seasoning mix: Feel free to use any rub or seasoning blend that you like.
- Liquid smoke: The liquid smoke helps to give the ribs more of a barbecued flavor. You can adjust the amount to taste.
- Barbecue sauce: Homemade Kansas City Style Barbecue Sauce or Dr Pepper Barbecue Sauce are my go-to barbecue sauces. Feel free to make your own or use any store-bought sauce that you like.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Originally posted 06/28/17 . Updated with additional photos and tips 5/7/21.
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!