This post was created in partnership with Johnsonville. As always, all opinions are my own.
The saying is that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, but I think it can also be the most difficult.
Trying to fit breakfast in just doesn't always work. Mornings are busy, and kids don't always want to eat.
Plus, making breakfast can take forever!Enter an easy breakfast solution! Johnsonville Fully Cooked Breakfast Patties are perfectly sized and take only 40 seconds in the microwave to heat.The patties make it easy for everyone, including kids, to get creative and help out with breakfast. They are deliciously tasty all on their own, and they are also fantastic in these Sausage Egg Muffins.
These Sausage Egg Muffins make a perfect on-the-go breakfast.
They are kid-sized and portable. And they're packed with good stuff in one little muffin.
They are also really easy to make! The egg whisking is a coveted job in my house, but, really, every step is easy enough for my kids to help with.
These sausage egg muffins are also awesome because they reheat well. So you can make a batch on Monday and have breakfast ready to just reheat on Tuesday.
If you’ve tried this sausage egg muffin recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
Sausage Egg Muffins
- 11 large eggs
- 11 ounce fully cooked breakfast sausage patties
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¾ cup fresh spinach leaves
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Microwave sausage according to package directions. Set aside.
- Whisk eggs together with salt and pepper.
- Cut sausage into pieces, and divide sausage, spinach, and cheese among muffin cups.
- Pour eggs over the top.
- Bake for 15-25 minutes, or until done.
- Let cool in pan for 10 minutes before serving.
- Chill any leftover sausage egg muffins.