Watergate salad is a retro fave dessert salad that’s still popular today! This easy, no-bake dessert recipe takes just 5 ingredients & 5 minutes to make and teaches how to make watergate salad!
When it’s 105 F out, turning the oven on just doesn’t sound so great. But skipping dessert sounds even worse! So, a quick, cool, no-bake dessert like this Watergate Salad is just the thing.
Watergate salad recipe is a classic for a reason! It takes just 5 minutes and 5 ingredients to make. Watergate salad is also great because it is always a hit at barbecues and potlucks, and it can be made ahead of time.
How to make watergate salad?
I like lots of marshmallows in mine, so I put a whole package in. Also, I use chopped pistachios because they work well with the pistachio pudding.
I go with salted pistachios because I like the little bit of salt, but unsalted pistachios would be good, too. Feel free to adjust the recipe to your tastes!
Check out the video to see just how to make watergate salad!
If you’ve tried this watergate salad recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes! You can SUBSCRIBE to receive my latest recipe newsletters or FOLLOW ME on FACEBOOK, INSTAGRAM and PINTEREST for even more delicious food.
- 20 oz can crushed pineapple (undrained)
- 3.4 oz package instant pistachio pudding mix
- 8 oz container Cool Whip (thawed)
- 10 oz package mini marshmallows
- 1/4 c . chopped pistachios
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple with juice and dry pistachio pudding mix.
- Fold in thawed whipped topping, marshmallows, and nuts until well mixed.
- Refrigerate until chilled; serve.