Breadsticks are pretty much a must have in our house. Whenever we have breadsticks, they’re the first thing that everyone goes for. So, I’ve come up with some faster, easier recipes to make homemade breadsticks without all of the fuss.
These 60 Minute Cinnamon-Sugar Breadsticks really are easy to make. They don’t require a lot of hands-on time, and the shaping is the most time-consuming part of making these. So, they’re easy to throw together, and you’ll have fresh, made-from-scratch breadsticks in no time.
Easy 60 Minute Cinnamon-Sugar Breadsticks
- 1 ½ c . warm water about 105 F
- 1 T . active dry yeast
- 2 T . granulated sugar
- 3-4 c . all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp . salt
- 1/2 c . granulated sugar
- 1 T . ground cinnamon
- 3 T . melted butter
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or in a large bowl), stir together the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 5-10 minutes or until foamy.
- Mix in flour and salt until dough clears the sides of the bowl.
- Knead dough for three minutes.
- Cover, and let the dough rest for 10 minutes.
- Grease an 11X17-inch baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
- Roll out the dough into about a 12x16-inch rectangle about 1/2-inch thick on a floured surface.
- Cut into 8 long strips with a pizza cutter.
- Cut the strips in half horizontally to make 16 strips.
- Twist strips or leave in strips.
- Place twist on prepared baking sheet.
- Repeat with remaining strips.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap, and let rise 20 minutes.
- Toward the end of the rising time, preheat oven to 350 F.
- Uncover, and bake 12-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- While breadsticks are baking, stir together granulated sugar and ground cinnamon.
- Brush strips with melted butter.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar mixture.