Easy buttermilk waffle recipe! This simple recipe makes waffles that are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
Waffles are a breakfast staple for a reason! This easy buttermilk waffle recipe makes waffles that are crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside.
The buttermilk makes the waffles tender, and it adds a nice tang that’s similar to the tang in sour cream pancakes or buttermilk pancakes. Add a drizzle of maple syrup for the perfect quick and easy breakfast!
How to make buttermilk waffles
Step 1: In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together until well-combined.
Step 2: Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in just until combined. Don’t overmix.
Step 3: Let batter sit while you preheat the waffle iron.
Step 4: Grease the waffle iron.
Step 5: Pour in batter and cook according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Step 6: Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the waffle iron as needed.
- If you don’t have any buttermilk, you can make a homemade buttermilk substitute.
- The number of waffles you get from this recipe will depend on the size and shape of your waffle iron. This is the waffle iron I use.
- The recipe doubles and triples well. So, feel free to make a larger batch of waffles and freeze the leftovers.
The waffles can be served with any number of toppings. Here are a few suggestions:
- Butter and maple syrup
- Buttermilk syrup
- Nutella and strawberries
- Whipped cream and berries
How to freeze waffles
The waffles freeze well, and freezing any extra waffles is a great way to store them. To freeze the waffles, place the cooked waffles on a wire cooling rack and let them cool to room temperature.
Place the cooled waffles in an airtight, freezer-safe container. If you’re putting several layers of waffles in the container, place a piece of wax paper in between the layers.
More waffle recipes!
If you’ve tried this easy buttermilk waffle recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who’ve made my recipes!
You can subscribe to receive my latest recipe newsletters or follow me on Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest for even more delicious food.
Easy Buttermilk Waffle Recipe
- 2 ¼ cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, whisk the buttermilk, eggs, vegetable oil, and vanilla extract together until well-combined.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Whisk in just until combined. Don’t overmix.
- Let batter sit while you preheat the waffle iron.
- Grease the waffle iron.
- Pour in batter and cook according to your manufacturer’s instructions.
- Repeat with the remaining batter, greasing the waffle iron as needed.
- Buttermilk: Regular or low-fat buttermilk will work. You can also make a homemade buttermilk substitute.
- Oil: For crispier waffles, increase the oil to 1/3 cup.
- The yield will vary depending on the size and shape of your waffle iron.
- Nutrition values are estimates.
Did You Make This Recipe?
Share it with me on Instagram @i_heart_eating and follow on Youtube @katedean and Pinterest @katedean for more!
Love this recipe?
Share your thoughts below and let’s chat! Make sure to connect with me on your favorite social platform below and show me what you made!
Leave A Reply!