Garlic Herb No Knead Bread is an easy recipe that makes a delicious, flavorful loaf of bread in a Dutch oven with little hands-on work! Great no knead bread variation!
Garlic bread is one of my favorite sides; I could eat it pretty much every day.
So, to mix things up, I make different versions – garlic knots, garlic bread, and Garlic Herb No-Knead Bread. This bread is fantastic alongside pasta or anything else that you would usually serve garlic bread with.
I first started making no-knead bread a few years ago because it is incredibly easy to make and requires almost no hands on time.
Since it doesn't require much more than mixing together a few ingredients and then tossing it in a Dutch oven, this is a great way to ease into bread baking. And the results are so delicious that no one will guess just how easy this no knead bread variation is to make.
More No Knead Bread Recipes!
If you’ve tried this garlic herb no knead bread recipe, don’t forget to rate the recipe and leave me a comment below. I love to hear from people who've made my recipes!
Garlic Herb No Knead Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon yeast
- 1 ½ cups lukewarm water (about 70-80 F)
- 2 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 5 cloves garlic (smashed into small pieces)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and mix until a shaggy mixture forms.
- Cover bowl with greased plastic wrap and set aside for 12 - 18 hours. Making it the night before works really well.
- When ready to bake the bread, sprinkle seasoning and garlic over the dough.
- Heat oven to 450 F.
- When the oven has reached 450 F, place a cast iron pot with a lid in the oven and heat the pot for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, pour dough onto a very heavily floured, movable surface (parchment paper, cutting board). With heavily floured hands, shape dough into a ball.
- Cover with greased plastic wrap, and let it sit while the pot is heating.
- Remove hot pot from the oven, drop in the dough, and cover.
- Return to oven for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes remove the lid and bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Remove bread from oven and place on a cooling rack to cool.
- For softer bread, let bread cool for 5 minutes on a rack. Then, place in a plastic bag but do not seal.
- For crustier bread, let cool to room temperature on rack.